We're on the search for a new Fundraising Manager. If that could be you please read on!
We’re Euan’s Guide, the award winning disabled access review charity. The website is used by disabled people, families and carers to review, share and discover accessible places. We launched in 2014 and now have thousands of disabled access reviews and listings for places in the UK and beyond. www.euansguide.com
We have been successful in securing funding from Scotland’s major grant giving bodies and are making progress further afield. As Fundraising Manager, you will have a real opportunity to explore and increase income from further trusts and foundations across the UK. You’ll establish relationships with major donors that are interested in the work that we’re doing. We also know we have potential to develop our individual regular giving and you’ll have scope to develop our plans.
You’ll be joining our small and dynamic team at an exciting time in our growth. This role presents an opportunity for a successful and ambitious candidate to make the role their own.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Writing grant applications to charitable trusts, foundations and statutory bodies
- Building relationships with private donors.
- Researching individuals, organisations and networks to grow our network of patrons
- Leading the development of the CRM database to maximise management of donors and prospects
- Working with our Communications Manager to devise and organise fundraising campaigns
You’re great at:
- Communication: you can communicate excellently face to face, by telephone or email, through social media or print
- Writing: as well as effective and engaging grant applications, you’ll be able to appeal to our supporter base and introduce Euan’s Guide to new fans
- All things digital: you not only have a ‘tech outlook’ but you are genuinely excited by all things tech
Managing budgets and hitting fundraising targets
- Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Sharing your interest in disabled access, inclusion and equality
You have experience in:
- Designing and delivering a proven fundraising strategy
- Prospect research for individuals, trusts or organisations
- Developing different donor strategies
- Maintaining and developing CRM system or database
- Staying informed with the latest legislation and good practice, specifically including the Fundraising Code of Practice
- This is a new post and we can be flexible re Full Time or Part Time hours
- We’re based in Edinburgh - so it would be great if you are too! Otherwise we’d anticipate bi-weekly meetings (travel would be paid)
- We all attend and assist at occasional Euan’s Guide events and activities. You should be an effective ambassador for any event you attend.
Closing Date – Monday 9th April
If you’d like to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your covering letter, CV and salary expectation to Antonia Lee-Bapty firstname.lastname@example.org.
Euan’s Guide is a charity registered in Scotland (SC045492)
Euan’s Guide, CodeBase, 38 Castle Terrace, Edinburgh, EH3 6DR