We're on the search for our new Communications Manager. This is an exciting opportunity for a natural storyteller with strong marketing experience who is passionate about accessibility.
Who are we?
We’re Euan’s Guide, the award-winning disabled access review charity making it easier for disabled people to find great places to go. At the heart of the charity is our disabled access review website - EuansGuide.com - where disabled people and their family, friends and carers can find and share disabled access information. Our website has thousands of disabled access reviews for places across the UK and beyond.
In addition to our review website, we also run award-winning projects and activities including:
- The Red Lifeline Project – a lifesaving project that has made over 60,000 accessible
- toilets safer to date.
- The Access Survey, the UK’s biggest and longest running Access Survey.
- Scotland’s Accessibility Highlights – a series of guides created in conjunction with VisitScotland highlighting some of Scotland’s accessible locations, places and spaces.
During the Covid-19 crisis we have been busy supporting our users through various campaigns and initiatives, including our Forum, our Voices of Covid blog series and our virtual events.
Could you be our new Communications Manager?
Our Communications Manager has a vital role within Euan’s Guide. You’ll look after all of our day-to-day communications, focusing on three main areas, Digital Communications, Social Media and PR… But as with all small and dynamic organisations you’ll find yourself getting involved with much more!
We’re excited to be looking for a team member who can plan a strategy, grow audiences, manage activities and measure results.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Develop and implement our digital communications strategy.
- Create and edit impactful digital content ensuring that it is engaging, up-to-date and accurate.
- Produce and distribute regular e-newsletters – sourcing, developing and editing content, working on strategy, managing the subscriber list and measuring the results of all our email communications.
- Take the lead on SEO and PPC activity particularly maximising impact from our Google Grants.
- Measure and analyse digital and website metrics and trends to optimise all digital communications activity and feedback to colleagues and management with recommendations for improvements.
- To maintain the Euan’s Guide photo library ensuring a ready supply of images for all communications and checking licence and permission requirements.
- Take lead responsibility for maintaining and developing content on our social media channels including paid advertising.
- Use social media to promote Euan’s Guide’s work and to target and engage key audiences and gather feedback and intelligence.
- Research and assess trends on social media to ensure Euan’s Guide is meeting the changing needs and preferences of our audiences.
- Measure and analyse results.
PR & Press
- Act as the main press contact for the organisation, developing strong relationships, building Euan’s Guide’s contact database.
- Identify and explore new opportunities to share our story in national print, radio, online and TV. Including scanning the media landscape and identify ‘on the day’ opportunities.
- Writing and distributing engaging and targeted Press Releases.
- Responding to journalist queries and providing relevant content and assets where possible.
- Liaising with external PR agencies.
You have experience…
- In a similar marketing and communications role.
- In the Accessibility, Marketing, Journalism, Tourism & Leisure or Third Sector environments.
- Creating and editing documents and graphics.
- Staying informed with the latest legislation and good practice.
You’re great at…
- Communication: you can communicate excellently face to face, by telephone or email, through social media or print.
- All things digital: you not only have a ‘tech outlook’ but you are genuinely excited by all things tech.
- Storytelling: marketing and promotion come naturally to you.
- Sharing your interest in disabled access, inclusion and equality.
Working with the Euan’s Guide Team
The Communications Manager will be line managed and work closely with the Managing Director. Communication is at the heart of Euan’s Guide and you will work regularly with different team members and on a variety of projects including our Ambassador Network, Fundraising Campaigns, Partnerships and more!
We facilitate regular volunteer placements and internships with organisations including Project Scotland, Inclusion Scotland and The Robertson Trust. The Communications Manager will be responsible for Communication Interns who join us through these schemes.
- Euan’s Guide promotes an inclusive culture and values diversity. We welcome and encourage job applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds.
- We’re based in Edinburgh - so it would be great if you are too! The Team are currently working from home and going forward it is likely that we will have a mix of home and office-based working.
If you’d like to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Antonia Lee-Bapty – Antonia@euansguide.com
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 12th April 2021
Salary Guide: £27,000 – £30,000 depending on experience