Last Updated: November 2020
Who we are
We’re Euan’s Guide, the disabled access charity. We’re a registered charity in Scotland (SC045492) and Company Limited by Guarantee (SC497565).
Our contact details
Name: Euan’s Guide
Address: CodeBase, Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR
Phone Number: 0131 510 5106
Where we collect your information
We collect your information when you give it to us directly by:
- Meeting us at an event
- Registering on the website
- Signing up for our newsletters
- Ordering or enquiring about products and services
- Applying for a job or volunteering role
- Making a donation to us
- Contacting us for a press enquiry
- Taking part in one of our events
- Responding to one of our surveys or questionnaires
- Otherwise giving us your personal information.
What information we collect
Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that can be linked to you. We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address, mailing address and phone number
- Other personal information and corporate information
How do we use your information?
We may use your personal information to
- Give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for such as publishing content on EuansGuide.com or sending you Red Cord Cards
- Customise our website according to your interests
- Keep a record of your relationship and communications with us
- If you have donated to us and signed a Gift Aid form, we use your personal information to claim Gift Aid on your donations
- If you have specifically given us permission, we may use your information to send you information and communications about our work and how you might like to get involved.
From time to time, if you have agreed to this, we may also use your information to contact you for research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
We may carry out research on people that support Euan’s Guide. This means that we may combine information you have given us with information from other public sources. This helps us to contact you about supporting us in the future.
We also conduct research to identify possible high value donors. This helps us identify people who have an interest in our work and who might be able to support us in the future.
Our research looks at publicly available information such as Linked In, Zoopla and Social Media.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
How long do we keep your information?
We review how long we keep personal information on a regular basis. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
Who we share your information with
We will never sell or rent your personal data to Third Parties.
Any personal data relating to you that is collected by Euan’s Guide will be kept confidential and we will not disclose it or share it with any third parties. The only exceptions to this are:
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with trusted Third Parties who carry out services on our behalf.
We may disclose certain personal data relating to you to third-party service providers solely in the course of their provision of services to us, and you acknowledge and agree that in doing so personal data relating to you may be transferred outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
We may disclose certain personal data if we are required to do so by law, regulation or the order of court or other legitimate government body or arbitration panel. We may also disclose personal data to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share personal data relating to you in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements.
Before we disclose personal data to a third party, we take steps to ensure that the third party will protect personal data in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites we think you will find of interest. We do not have any control over the content and cannot be responsible for the privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting external websites.
They collect statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and do not identify you as an individual. This helps us to improve our website and deliver a better more personalised service.
We use Google Analytics (GA) to track your movements through our website to find out which content is most useful, how people are using our website and make website improvements.
There is no personal information collected at any point during the tracking process.
You can disable the cookies that we attach if your browser supports this. For further information on how to do this, please refer to aboutcookies.org.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
You can request access to any information we hold about you by contacting Data Protection, Euan’s Guide, CodeBase, Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson Street Edinburgh, EH3 9DR or email@example.com. The Data Controller is the Managing Director.
If you have previously given us permission to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at anytime by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
If you are unhappy with how we have used your data, please let us know. If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
Changes to this policy