Could you be our Communications Manager?
We’re looking for our new Communications Manager, a vital role at the heart of our team. This is an exciting opportunity for a natural storyteller with strong communications experience who is passionate about accessibility. We’re looking for a team member who can plan a strategy, grow audiences, manage activities and measure results.
About Euan’s Guide
Euan’s Guide is the award-winning disabled access charity. We’re best known for EuansGuide.com the disabled access review website but we also make tens of thousands of accessible toilets safer, run the UK’s largest Access Survey and lots more!
We are a small but mighty charity, our work has never been more needed and you will be joining us at an exciting time in our growth.
- Love to write, whether it’s a tweet, blog or press release you’ll be used to creating engaging copy that generates results.
- Lead on our communications including development and implementation of our communications strategy.
- Take charge of day to day content for our website, social media channels, newsletters, external partners and more.
- Develop and deliver new PR and marketing ideas to target, grow and engage our many different audiences.
- Maximise media opportunities by responding to press enquiries, proactively pitching stories, developing and maintaining strong connections with journalists.
- Enjoy a challenge! We are a small but dynamic organisation so you will need to be able to switch between strategic thinking and day to day delivery.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Previous marketing, PR and social media experience including developing and implementing strategies, integrated campaigns and content development.
- Excellent copywriting skills and an ability to communicate using our tone of voice.
- Strong organisational skills with an ability to prioritise a varied and demanding workload.
- Proven success securing print, broadcast and online media coverage.
- Experience using a CRM, CMS and good Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience in the Accessibility, Marketing, Journalism, Tourism & Leisure, Tech or Third Sector environments.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of Google Adwords / Google Grants, Twitter Ads, Facebook Ads Manager and similar.
- Ability to artwork and tweak basic visual content using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience of running Fundraising campaigns.
- Understanding of the social model of disability.
- Understanding of inclusive design and accessibility.
Working with the Euan’s Guide Team
The Communications Manager will work closely with the Managing Director. Communication is at the heart of Euan’s Guide so you will also work on all projects and with all team members and our wider community of Ambassadors, Volunteers, Partners and more!
There are no line management responsibilities but we regularly welcome volunteers and paid interns through organisations including Project Scotland, Inclusion Scotland and The Robertson Trust. The Communications Manager will be responsible for Communication Assistants who join us through these schemes.
We are based in Edinburgh but you don't have to be! The team are currently working from home and going forward we will be operating a hybrid home and office working arrangement. We offer flexible working and are happy to chat about what works for you.
Euan’s Guide promotes an inclusive culture and values diversity. We welcome and encourage job applications from qualified candidates of all backgrounds.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious person to put your skills to use in a collaborative environment where your ideas will be valued. If you’ve got the skills, knowledge, ideas and a genuine interest in what we do, we want to hear from you. Please apply with:
- CV & Covering Letter telling us why you want to work with us and showing us why you’re the right person for the role.
- Two attachments or links to content that you’re proud to have produced.
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form - this will be treated as confidential and will be separated from your application.
If you’d like to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you! To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Antonia Lee-Bapty – firstname.lastname@example.org