Could you be our Head of Development and Partnerships?
Do you have an ability to secure funding that makes the world a better place? We’re on the search for a Head of Development and Partnerships. This is a new role for us and an exciting opportunity for a proven fundraiser keen for your next challenge.
We’re Euan’s Guide, the award-winning disabled access review charity making it easier for disabled people to find places to go. At the heart of the charity is our disabled access review website - www.euansguide.com - where disabled people and their friends, families and carers can find and share disabled access information. We also make tens of thousands of accessible toilets safer and run the UK’s largest and longest running Access Survey.
As we approach our 10th anniversary, we have ambitious plans to grow. We now need to recruit a Head of Development and Partnerships to assist us in implementing our strategy alongside our Chief Executive and Board.
We are seeking an exceptional person to shape and develop our income streams. With a huge scope for growth, we are looking for a leader who can inspire support through partnerships, trusts and foundations and major donors.
You’ll be joining our small and dynamic team at an exciting time in our growth. This critical role will be key to our plans, it is a new post and presents an opportunity for the successful and ambitious candidate to make the role your own. You will be reporting to the Chief Executive.
We are an ambitious charity, passionate about making the world more accessible to all disabled people. We have a strong focus on technology so Euan’s Guide is often in a unique position of having the challenges and advantages of both a charity and tech business… there is no ‘typical day’!
We’re looking for an all-rounder to be responsible for developing and delivering Euan’s Guide revenue strategy, including our income generating activities and stakeholder partnerships. You will help us to deliver sustainable income to support our work.
Our strongest area of funding is currently Trusts and Foundations. You will be responsible for growing restricted and unrestricted grant funding income from charitable trusts and foundations across Scotland and the UK. We also want to grow our fundraising streams such as major donor, individual giving and legacies.
We want to develop new products and services which will appeal to our venue partners and corporate businesses.
You will be able to recognise, explore and maximise any new opportunities that come our way to generate income and improve sustainability.
You will be responsible for the creation of engaging content, reports and case studies to report on our outcomes and prove our impact.
You will be responsible for accurate reporting and preparing quarterly updates and forecasts for the Board of Trustees.
- High levels of motivation and resourcefulness with the ability to operate strategically, think creatively and find solutions to opportunities and challenges
- Great communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to recognise and act on opportunities
- Sharing your interest in disabled access, inclusion and equality
- A successful track record in trusts and foundations fundraising including creating and submitting funding proposals, application forms and funding reports.
- Experience in developing and generating revenue through corporate partnerships
- Managing relationships with a diverse range of stakeholder groups, including volunteers, funders, charities, commercial organisations and other partners
- Experience of measuring and reporting on outcomes and communicating impact to stakeholders
- We’re based in Edinburgh – whilst not essential it would be great if you are too! We work on a hybrid basis from our HQ in CodeBase.
- We anticipate a full time role (35hrs per week) starting in December 2023 however we can be flexible and will discuss this with suitable candidates.
- As a small organisation, you may find yourself getting involved in lots more! You should be an effective ambassador for any event or activity you’re involved in.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply if you think you can bring something special to Euan’s Guide even if your experience does not precisely match the job description.
If you’re interested in this role, we’d love to hear from you. Initial discussions to find out more are welcome. To arrange an informal, confidential chat about the role please contact Antonia Lee-Bapty, with a brief summary of your experience and questions that you have.
Euan’s Guide are committed to being an inclusive employer and encourage applications from under-represented groups of people including disabled people, black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+ people, people with experience in the care system, non-graduates and first-in-family graduates.
How to apply
If you’d like to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your application to Antonia Lee-Bapty – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your CV
- A Covering Letter telling us why you want to work with us and showing us why you’re the right person for the role.
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form - this will be treated as confidential and will be separated from your application.