We're hiring! Social Media & Content Creation Editor
Euan’s Guide is the disabled access review website & app which aims to empower disabled people by providing information that will give confidence and choices for getting out and about.
We’re a small charity and a large website - you’ll be immersed in a creative and ambitious team at a very exciting time!
- You’ll take the lead social media role - developing the strategy, the planning, the execution and the evaluation.
- Day to day you’ll be engaging with our users using social media. This will include publicising new reviews from the site, answering user questions and finding relevant content to share.
Content creation and blogging
- You’ll be producing regular news articles & features for our website.
- And producing external content about Euan’s Guide tailored to our partners’ requirements and occasional press publications – both on and offline.
- You’ll be working with the team and external partners to contribute to and help manage our online advertising strategy - Twitter, Google Adwords and Facebook.
- You’ll be involved in Search Engine Optimisation - particularly keyword research, implementing and evaluating changes.
- You’ll take the lead in producing regular newsletters for our reviewers, venues and partners – writing content, sourcing images and proof reading.
- You’ll also be an integral part of the ‘test team’ for new website functionality and new site releases.
- As a small charity, we need a ‘can do’ person so you might also find yourself occasionally moderating a review or two or getting involved in one of our events.
- We’re a small team of 7, you’ll have access to everyone and will mostly be working alongside our Marketing Manager and will be assisted by a volunteer Social Media Intern.
- Computer literacy, internet and Social Media skills are a must.
- Great people skills and used to working with teams (internal and external).
- We’re looking for a writer with an eye for a story, who can get their point across as well in a 140 character tweet as a 500 word blog article.
- You’ll have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate both a creative and analytical approach to Social Media and content creation.
- Experience in sourcing and managing content development.
- Advanced knowledge of Social Media platforms, their respective participants and how each platform can be used in different scenarios.
- The ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written, pictorial and video format.
- A working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research.
- A working knowledge of principles of Adwords and Twitter and Facebook advertising.
- An inquisitive mind and a ‘can do’ attitude are a must.
- You’ll be a self starter who is able to prioritise a varied workload.
- You should have an interest in and understanding of disabled access, inclusion and equality.
How to apply
Please send a CV and Covering Letter (including salary expectation) to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is Monday the 15th of June.
Euan's Guide is an equal opportunities employer and will consider all applications. All applications will be stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998.