We're on the search for a new Communications Manager. If storytelling, marketing and promotion comes naturally to you and you are passionate about accessibility, you could be based with the team at our HQ in Edinburgh.
Who are we?
Euan’s Guide makes it easier for disabled people to find great places to go. We’re a charity co-founded by Euan MacDonald MBE and his sister Kiki. At the heart of Euan’s Guide is the disabled access review website, used by disabled people across the UK and beyond to find and share accessible places to go. After becoming a powerchair user, Euan wanted to hear from other disabled people about places they would recommend with good disabled access. This can be anywhere from cinemas and hotels, to cafes and everyday essentials. Now the website has thousands of disabled access reviews submitted by disabled people, their families, friends and carers.
Could you be our new Communications Manager?
Our Communications Manager has a vital role within Euan’s Guide. You’ll look after all of our day to day communications, focusing on three main areas, Digital Communications, Social Media and PR… But as with all small and dynamic organisations you’ll find yourself getting involved with much more!
We’re excited to be looking for a team member who can plan a strategy, grow audiences, manage activities and measure results.
What you’ll be responsible for
• Develop and implement our digital communications strategy.
• Create and edit impactful digital content ensuring that it is engaging, up-to-date and accurate.
• Produce and distribute regular e-newsletters – sourcing, developing and editing content, working on strategy, managing the subscriber list and measuring the results of all our email communications.
• Take the lead on SEO and PPC activity particularly maximising impact from our Google Grants.
• Measure and analyse digital and website metrics and trends to optimise all digital communications activity and feedback to colleagues and management with recommendations for improvements.
• To maintain the Euan’s Guide photo library ensuring a ready supply of images for all communications and checking licence and permission requirements.
• Take lead responsibility for maintaining and developing content on our social media channels including paid advertising.
• Use social media to promote Euan’s Guide’s work and to target and engage key audiences and gather feedback and intelligence.
• Research and assess trends on social media to ensure Euan’s Guide is meeting the changing needs and preferences of our audiences.
• Measure and analyse results.
PR & Press
• Act as the key press contact for the organisation, developing strong relationships, building Euan’s Guide’s contact database.
• Identify and explore new opportunities to share our story in national print, radio, online and TV. Including scanning the media landscape and identify ‘on the day’ opportunities
• Writing and distributing engaging and targeted Press Releases
• Responding to journalist queries and providing relevant content and assets where possible.
• Liaising with external PR agencies.
You have experience…
• In a similar marketing and communications role.
• In the Accessibility, Marketing, Journalism, Tourism & Leisure or Third Sector environments.
• Creating and editing documents and graphics with Adobe Creative Suite.
• Staying informed with the latest legislation and good practice.
You’re great at…
• Communication: you can communicate excellently face to face, by telephone or email, through social media or print.
• All things digital: you not only have a ‘tech outlook’ but you are genuinely excited by all things tech.
• Storytelling: marketing and promotion come naturally to you.
• Sharing your interest in disabled access, inclusion and equality.
Working with the Euan’s Guide Team
The Communications Manager will be line managed and work closely with the Managing Director.
Communication is at the heart of Euan’s Guide and you will work regularly with different team members and on a variety of projects including:
• Ambassador Network
• Fundraising Campaigns
• Disabled Access Day
• Partnerships e.g. VisitScotland
• And more!
We facilitate regular volunteer placements and internships with organisations including Project Scotland and The Robertson Trust. The Communications Manager will be responsible for Marketing and Admin Assistants who join us through these schemes.
If you’d like to take on this role, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply, please send your CV, covering letter and current salary to Antonia Lee-Bapty – email@example.com
Closing Date for Applications – Monday 25th February 2019.