Motability Operations - The Big Event is coming to Edinburgh this September!
There are just a few days until The Big Event by Motability Operations and we really hope we’ll see you at the Royal Highland Centre in Edinburgh on Friday 15 and Saturday 16 September.
We’ll be there to tell people what it is we do here at Euan’s Guide, from our disabled access review website www.EuansGuide.com to our Red Cord Card scheme and, of course, the UK’s largest Access Survey… which launches at the event on Friday 15 September!
Of course, we’re excited about the launch of the 2023 Euan’s Guide Access Survey Supported by Motability Operations, but of course we understand you’ll be there to also find out more about the Motability Scheme and all that will be on offer!
The Big Event allows people the opportunity to explore a wide range of cars, Wheelchair Accessible Vehicles (WAVs) and adaptions, as well as powered wheelchairs and scooters.
Motability Operations shared some top tips for your visit.
- Make use of the free accessible buggy service to and from the car park to make your journey as easy as possible.
- On arrival, collect your token for a free tea, coffee or soft drink.
- There will be a helpful team of Motability Scheme advisors and partners on hand for any questions or queries.
- You can take a test drive in a standard car or a vehicle fitted with popular driving adaptions which can be booked on the day.
- Find out more about electric vehicle charging at the Electric Vehicle information hub where home partners Ohme and Easee will be to offer advice.
- Discover the wide range of WAVs and adaptions on display and get specialist advice.
- Explore and try out powered wheelchairs and scooters available on the Scheme on their testing track.
- You can also meet the team from Motability, The Charity, who will be there to talk about grants, driving lessons and that they’re doing to improve access to transport.
- You can relax and chill out in the quiet room, which will have comfortable seats, low lighting, and sensory toys.
- And there’s lots to do for kids too, then can enjoy the play area with free face-painting, balloon modelling and a bouncy castle, plus the chance to meet the Motability Scheme mascot Billy the Bear.
For more information about The Big Event in Edinburgh, including the test drive Terms and Conditions, visit www.motabilityonebigday.co.uk.
Stay up to date with all our 2023 Access Survey news by following @euansguide or searching #AccessSurvey.