Venue DescriptionEstablished in South St. David Street, Edinburgh by Aitken Dott in 1842 as "Gilders, Framers, and Artists' Colourmen", the firm, as it does today, also exhibited and sold work by the leading Scottish artists of the day. As all areas of the business grew, larger premises were found in Castle Street in 1860 and a new dedicated gallery space was opened in 1897 as "The Scottish Gallery". The gallery has been situated on Dundas Street since 1992.
Due to the nature of the building unfortunately The Scottish Gallery is unsuitable for wheelchair users. There is 1 step up from the street level and then once inside there are steps from the front door, leading both upstairs and down. The front door is not automated, (pull to enter, push to depart) but staff are more than happy to assist. Once on each floor, the floors are level and there is a hand rail on the stairs There isn't a lift
There isn't an accessible toilet on the premises
Staff are happy to print information in large print, or email information to any visitor on request
Information about COVID precautions has not been added for this venue.
Assistance dog facilities
Assistance dog exercise facilities
Well behaved dogs on leads are welcome in The Gallery. We are just 0.4 miles from King George V Park off Eyre Place
Other assistance dog facilities
We are happy to provide water for dogs on request
The venue says it has...
This information has been supplied by the venue. Please write a review to voice your opinion and verify this listing.